How do we tame our fierce dog or cat towards other people or animals?
Dogs and cats that are disobedient to their owners will endanger the environment, other animals, you as the owner, and themselves. For this reason, it is very important for pet owners to teach discipline to pets from an early age and tame these animals.
Because cats and dogs have different characters, there are different ways to tame them.
Dogs are active animals and can’t stay still, but with training from an early age (Puppy) they will be easily managed or given orders by their owners.
Tricks to tame dogs:
- Put him in his crate. Choose an area that is quiet from passing people.
- Let him bark at will for a few hours.
- After the emotion subsides, give drinking water little by little but routinely. Hold the drinking bowl with your right hand. When he drinks, rub his head or neck.
- After wanting to drink, give your dog to eat from your hand.
- Take the dog that is starting to tame out of the cage. The trick, approach the dog slowly, don’t panic.
- Rub the head or neck with your left hand so that the dog feels calm.
- When calm, let him get out of his cage on his own.
Also teach discipline from simple everyday things. Like :
Teach your dog obedience when it comes to feeding.
Do not offer the food until your dog is calm and obedient. If you have more than one dog, give the calm dog the food first, so the other dogs understand how to get to the food.
Dog Owners also need to provide correction if a dog takes food first.
Don’t scold him, correct him in a high tone and use words like, “Sshh…” or “No!”.
Prohibiting Dogs from Entering the Room
Teach your dog discipline through his playroom. If you have more than 1 dog, try dogs 1 and 2 being allowed to enter room A. Meanwhile, dogs 3 and 4 are only allowed to enter room B. Gradually, they will understand which room is prohibited because you always correct them with, “Ssh…” or “No!”.
Unlike dogs, cats are difficult to command, so it takes time to tame them. Try this trick to tame a cat:
- Put the cat in the cage.
- Don’t forget to give food, drink and toys.
- Leave him in the cage until he looks calm and comfortable.
- Then you can start releasing it in the house again.
If your cat still seems aggressive, there’s usually something stressing him out, like a dirty litter box or a new person/animal in the house. Find out first what the cause is so that a solution can be found.
How To Get Dogs And Cats Together
Usually those who want to keep dogs and cats will find it difficult to unite them in one place. Cats will not attack if they are not attacked. Meanwhile, the dog will not attack if the cat does not run away.